Thursday, December 8, 2011

Well I really hope this works out...

So now it's 8am and I'm sitting here doing more advertising even after the last straight 36 hours that I have spent up doing it. I appreciate all of the people who have been following my blog through twitter. You guys are amazing. 
I realize I have not told you too much about myself...
Here it goes....
I am twenty years old and I live in downriver, Michigan. Just a little south of the city. I grew up on an island on the Detroit River. It has great schools and no one ever needs to lock their doors...It was a great childhood.
My parents divorced when I was 7 years old. I was a daddy's girl growing up by all means. My mother and I did not get along as much as I wanted to. We butt heads and of course I was becoming a teen and that's where the trouble really began.
I started dating a boy (he shall not be named) who was into very bad things and hung out with very bad people. In the matter of 6 months I went from being a optimistic loving person, to a drug induced zombie.I had a 3.8 my sophomore year of high school and by my junior year it went down to a 1.7. I ended up in the hospital at one point because I was so delusional my parents thought I would overdose.
My parents are the only reason I survived. They stood by me through everything and their tough love has saved my life.
My father has always put a lot of pressure on me in my life. My first year of college I was so proud to get my first set of grades and show him...I got a 3.94. Do you know what he said? "You couldn't have got .06 better?" I love him more than anything and I believe that it caused me a lot of stress growing up but I am the over achieving person that I am today because of it.
As of today I have overcome so many obstacles and began to make something out of myself and I am proud to be the person that I am today.
I have been with my boyfriend now for 4 years and 2 years ago we bought our first house. I wish someone would have warned it that it wasn't as easy as it sounded. I never knew something could be so stressful.
So here I am 18 years old, off to college to become a nurse like I have always wanted and a cute little house in the suburbs with an amazing man. What could go wrong...
Ha. Well my dreams came crashing down when I realized how much effort it really takes to be an adult.
I went from having every dream in the world, to selling cosmetics online for commission. 
I had to slow down going to school because the bills were so much more than I could have ever imagine...So I got a job as a bartender and made so much money that I didn't know what to do with it. I was working two jobs and going to school only one day a week. Then hell broke loose and after two years of dealing with drunk alcoholics for bosses, I couldn't take the criticism. My boss actually had the nerve to call me fat and lazy. I am 5'5' and I weigh approx. 120. Not fat. So I quit. I left my second family there and started adventure number two.
I went out and before the week was over I had found another two jobs. One is only open on the weekend and one is open all week. So weekdays I would work one and weekends I would work one.
After six weeks, the one during the week still had not and would not pay me.
And that leads me to today...Sitting on the couch advertising online cosmetics for commission because I am once again struggling to be an adult.
I do not have much of a direction with what I write other than I promise it will never be a lie and it will follow my life and show you the realities of growing up as a young adult in suburbia.

Is there a direction you would like to see this go in....Give me your feedback. I would love to know what you think!? Maybe my life as a bartender....That would definitely be a nice long story everyday.