Monday, December 12, 2011

Why Do Writers Do What They Do?

Writing is a way of expressing emotions without the consequence that usually follows...

Why do writers write? Writers seem to be one of the most passionate of all career people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I have never met an author who says I hate my job. Now why is that?
I believe that writing is a way of opening up to the world. Normally shy people can for once in their life put on a different act and be the person they have always wanted to in a book. It is a way of living out a fantasy, a way of expressing emotions that you may never get to experience in real life. Writers portray dreams. They show a side of things that can only be described with mystical explanations.
Writing to me is a way to vent. I sit at my computer and think about all of the bad things that have happened, and I tell people about them.
When I write I can connect with so many different people that I normally wouldn't be able to and those people understand, because if they didn't, they would not have read it.
Many people write because they like to inform people. They like to be the source of facts, whether it's to help people or be a source of entertainment. Writers come in many shapes and sizes, and so many varieties. One person could write a self help story that could change your life, while another could write a news story to present life that has already occurred.
No matter what kind of writing you choose to do, as long as you write about something you're passionate about then you will find your way. You need to love the story in order for it to be it's best because if you can portray passion, then your readers can't feel it.