Friday, December 9, 2011

The whole social network scene...

Well after two days of non stop promoting, the social networking scene has not been nice to me.
I figured at least a few people would be willing to lend a hand and give some input on my writing but it seems like no one is interested in reading yet. So I will have to make you all interested. Today I start writing about specific topics on life. Personal stories and advice in the eyes of a awkward girl. That is my direction. 
Day one.
Relationships
In this topic I am going to talk both about my personal experiences with relationships and my advice on making one work. I'm not saying that what comes out of my mouth is always right, but I will do my best to help someone learn from my mistakes. Because those sucked.
Right now I am in a four year relationship with my best friend. We bought a house two years ago and that has been the majority of my rough experiences so far. I knew my boyfriend for two and a half year before we started dating. That gave us the opportunity to know that we were compatible before we ever took the dive. Lesson number one:
 Your boyfriend CAN be your best friend.
A lot of people say that if you are with a friend then the relationship lacks a certain "passion". That is not the case. Him and I love and trust each other. If anything we try that much harder to work our problems out because we know we can't lose our friendship.
I'm not saying that dating your best friend is easy by any means. We all have our issues in our relationships and I won't deny that and say mine was better, but our extremely close bond as friends has saved us countless times.
Lesson number two:
Couples fight. Get over it.
No two people are ever going to be 100% happy together all the time. It is normal to think about how things "could" be but to fix that you must accept that it is a normal feeling. Whenever you start to feel yourself wander you need to take yourself back to the beginning and re-realize what it felt like when the two of you first met. The butterflies. The excitement. Every relationship after a while is going to feel like it is getting boring. It is up to you to make sure that doesn't happen. Try new things. Find a groupon and try a new random restaurant in the area for a great deal. There are always adventures to take and it will make the two of you feel closer together.
Couples that don't fight are not always happier. What I have realized through my relationship is that I am happier after I make up with my boyfriend then when our relationship is constantly stagnant. It brings a kind of passion and bond between the two of you knowing that you can make it through anything.
Lesson number three:
You don't always have to be right...
Sometimes a woman likes to keep fighting until the man is on his knees begging for forgiveness. It doesn't have to be that way. There always needs to be just as much push as pull. Sometimes it is just easier to accept that you want the fight to end then continue fighting for a purpose you won't remember in a month. When it comes down to it. Walk away. Breathe. And think about whether it is really worth it, because most of the time...Its not. 

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think....